Parkville Cosmetic Dentist ~ Parkville Area Restorative Dentistry
Over the years, our smile can begin to look a little less aesthetic. We may have grinded our teeth away at night, suffered a dental emergency or experienced severe tooth decay causing us to evaluate our need for cosmetic dentistry. Parkville area cosmetic dentist, Dr. Scott Hubert, DDS has over twenty five years of experience at helping patients restore their smile.
At Hamilton Family Dentistry, we believe that cosmetic dentistry is very important. We acknowledge that an attractive, healthy smile can positively influence one’s success in their professional relationships as well as their personal interactions. Dr. Hubert and the entire Dental team believe that earnestly listening to patients concerns and taking the time to come up with the right plan, translates to successful cosmetic dentistry treatments.
“Sometimes, small changes like teeth bleaching or smoothing edges of teeth can completely change the look of a smile,” says Dr. Hubert.
Dr. Hubert enjoys collaborating with his patients and figuring out what works best for them whether it be dental implants, Zoom Teeth Whitening, veneers, crowns, bridges, dentures, or something else. The Parkville, MD area dental team enjoys seeing the happiness on his patient’s faces. According to Dr. Hubert, there is “nothing more rewarding than seeing a patient who can’t stop smiling…when they no longer put a hand over their mouth to cover their teeth.”
Some of the more sought after procedures our Parkville area cosmetic dentist offers are described below:
• Composite fillings: Our dental team uses tooth colored fillings. Composite fillings, unlike Amalgam are aesthetic and restore the tooth very close to its original strength, look and feel.
• Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin, shells made to custom fit the over the fronts of teeth. They are used as an alternative to whitening or crowns. They can give people the appearance of perfectly aligned and colored teeth. Many celebrities have veneers.
• Dental Crowns: Although crowns fall into the cosmetic dentistry category, they are often not an elective treatment such as veneers. Crowns are used as a last resort before loosing the tooth. When a tooth structure is too weak, or deteriorated, a crown can be placed around it to strengthen the tooth structure. After root canal therapy is completed to clear away bacteria in a tooth root, a crown must be placed on the tooth to strengthen it. Otherwise, the tooth may decompose.
• Dental Implant Restorations: After a patient’s dental implant (placed by a Periodontist or Oral Surgeon) has integrated with their jaw bone, it will need to be restored. This requires a dentist to complete the dental implant process by securing a crown to the implant abutment which is connected to the titanium post (implant).
• Dentures: Dentures are designed to replace missing teeth. Dentures or partial dentures are false teeth, custom made to fit patient’s mouths.
• Zoom Teeth Whitening: Our Parkville area cosmetic dentist uses a tooth bleaching system used to brighten teeth up to 8 shades lighter in one hour. Zoom Whitening is known to be very safe and treatment strength can be adjusted so as to be very comfortable for every patient.
We are happy to answer any question you may have about cosmetic dentistry. Hamilton Family Dentistry is located in Baltimore, just 2 blocks outside of Parkville. Patients are encouraged to contact us if they would like to schedule an appointment or discuss any concerns.